ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES
(New Term starts week beginning Monday January 21st 2019 except Creative Writing)
- IRISH LANGUAGE BEGINNERS Tutor: Graeme Hutchinson ROOM 1
- Term begins Monday 21st January 6.15 – 7.15pm. For complete beginners
- IRISH LANGUAGE INTERMEDIATE Term begins Monday 21st January 7.30 – 8.30pm. For those with a good grasp of the fundamentals of Irish grammar, and with a working vocabulary, who want to learn how to form more complex, personalised language. ROOM 1
- CREATIVE WRITING (New term start date TBC)
- Led by author Tracey Iceton. 1.30pm to 4.30pm (fortnightly classes) ROOM 1
- SET DANCING (Concert Room) Traditional style, Irish formal dance; beginners always welcome. 8pm – 10pm
- ART CLASS Term begins 23rd January 1.30-3pm Tutor: Bernard Quinn ROOM 1
- BOOK CLUB (MONTHLY) EXPLORING IRISH LITERATURE : 7.15pm GALLOWGATE LOUNGE
- IRISH LANGUAGE ELEMENTARY For those who know basic topic-based phrases (weather, family, residence) and grammar (prepositional pronouns, verbs in the present tense, personal pronouns, possessives and mutations).
- Term begins 23rd January 6.15 – 7.15pm. ROOM 1
- IRISH FOR POST BEGINNERS Term begins 23rd January 7.30-8.30
- For those who can read Irish sounds and know some basic introductory phrases.
- DRAMA CLUB ANTICS 6.30-8.30pm. Term begins 23rd January Gallowgate Lounge. Newcomers welcome
- NEW A BRIEF HISTORY OF IRELAND Term begins January (Date TBC) 4.30pm
- A series of lectures led by T Corcoran including visiting speakers ROOM 1
- IRISH MUSIC FOR ADULTS (All welcome -Beginners & Improvers,)
- Term begins 20th SEPTEMBER 6.30pm – 7.30pm Bring your fiddle, tin whistle, accordion, bodhrán, mandolin or guitar………..…
- NEW ANCESTRY We are continuing with our series of one off lectures and are inviting people who have researched their ancestry with a story to tell to please get in touch. Dates to be advertised in due course
FEES : £25/£20 conc. per term ( most classes run for two terms, Autumn and Spring
We are keen to help those who wish to attend, but are prevented from doing so for financial reasons. Enquiries are treated confidentially.
Please contact Barbara on 0191 261 0385 or email@example.com for further details.